IIoT solutions with IO-Link
A new industry standard is gaining ground: lO-Link. The standard set out in IEC 61131-9 enables machinery manufacturers and plant operators to implement IIoT concepts without placing a primary focus on addressing high investment risks, manufacturer dependencies or compatibility issues.
Discover our animated IO-Link bottling plant by mouse click:
The communication interface for the sensors and actuators features no fieldbus-specific functions and, as an industry standard, is compatible with many manufacturer’ products. It enables digital, continuous and bidirectional communication from the controller to the field device. This allows the intelligence of the increasing number of devices equipped with microprocessors to be exploited. Identification data, parameters and diagnostic data are available.
IO-Link at Bachofen
The number of IO-Link-capable products in Bachofen’s portfolio has also increased significantly in recent years. They include IO-Link sensor, switching, measuring and process technology at the device level, and IO-Link-capable fieldbus technology at the master level. Bachofen advises OEMs and plant operators and provides them with the right components both for designing new IO-Link automation systems and for updating existing systems with IO-Link.
Advantages of IO-Link-capable systems
- Parallel wiring is largely replaced by IO-Link
- Analogue signal lines are replaced
- Interfaces and cables are standardised to a single type
- Excellent support for modular machine concepts
- Automated parameterisation using function blocks
- Tool-assisted parameterisation
- Diagnosis, including remote diagnosis, down to field device level
- Cable break detection
- Device-dependent diagnosis via IO-Link